Our original plan was to spend Tuesday in Aspen and go over to Leadville on Wednesday to ride the train. However, we discovered that Wednesday was going to be cold and stormy, and we didn't think it would be too much fun to hang out in an open-air train for 2.5 hours at 10,000 feet above sea level on that kind of a day, so we decided to go on Tuesday instead. To get to Leadville, we had to travel a narrow, winding road over a 12,000 foot mountain, a road which barely opened to traffic a week ago. It was an incredibly gorgeous drive--at one point I said that this was the most beautiful place I'd ever seen! I don't think any of my pictures quite captured that beauty, but you can still see that the views were incredible. One of the few pictures I got of the view. We couldn't stop very often since Sariah freaked out every time she had to get back in her carseat. Taking pictures out the car window didn't work too well. But suffice it to say, it was gorgeous the entire 20+ miles!!!
We made it! Here we are on the top of the moutain at the Continental Divide!
Sariah checking out all the snow at the summit. She was having fun until she fell down in it, and then she was ready to go back to the car.
Comments