Just for fun

I got these questions off of another blog--apparently this is called a meme, although I have NO idea what that word means. But it sounded fun! And I think if you read this, you're supposed to answer these same questions on your own blog (only if you want to, of course.).


What were you doing ten years ago?

10 years ago I probably had just barely finished playing my graduate organ recital--I can't remember the exact date, but I know it was in June. And I was preparing to take the second half of my orals for my master's. And we were getting ready to move away from BYU (maybe we were in the middle of it, I can't remember). It was a crazy time, and I can't believe I'm now 10 years out from it!

What were five things on your To-Do list today?

Go grocery shopping to 2 of the 5 stores on my list
Fold 4-5 loads of laundry
Go through the kids' sock drawers and get rid of all the too-small or no longer used socks
Teach two piano lessons (both rescheduled from other days and times, ugh!)
Cook dinner

What are your favorite snacks?

It's embarrassing to admit, but I'm a chocoholic junk-foodie. I reach for anything with sugar in it. I'm also known to love chips and salsa, chips and this great sour cream/bacon dip from Macey's, and crackers with cheese balls (but only if they're sharp cheddar--I don't like the white cream-cheesy-oniony ones).

Places you have lived?

Bellevue, Washington
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Provo, Utah
as a missionary--Derby, Hutchinson, Kansas City, Olathe, Topeka, Lawrence, and Leavenworth, Kansas
Taylorsville, Utah
Twin Falls, Idaho
and currently somewhere in the greater vicinity of Salt Lake City, Utah

Five things you would do if you were a billionaire?

Create scholarships for organ students and fund the building of a recital hall and organ at BYU
Fund grants for couples pursuing infertility treatment and adoption
Find some historic preservation projects in my community to sponsor
Create a place in my community for music study for young children through teens--build the building and fund all costs of operating such a place
And just for me--build my dream house, stock it with furniture, a pipe organ, and a year's supply of food (can you tell what's on my mind right now!)

Five people you want to know more about?

J.S. Bach (and his wives)
Hannah, Sarah, Rebekah, and Elisabeth from the Bible
Emma Smith
Abigail Adams (got that one off of another blog, but I really do find her fascinating!)
Jehan Alain (a young, brilliant organist and composer who was killed in WWII at the age of 29--he left a wife and young children, and I think it would have been fascinating to see what he could have done in the music world if he had lived.)

What are your favorite scents?

vanilla
chocolate chip cookies baking
hmmm, I guess I'm not a big "scent" person, because I can't think of anything else

What are your favorite games?

I'm not a big game person either, but I always did like Trivial Pursuit. I also like TriBond (women against men in my extended family--women rock!!!), Skipbo, Rummikub (that's from James' family). See, I'm boring when it comes to games.

Comments