James actually got to start his Father's Day festivities last night, when he took Dallin to a Salt Lake Bees (minor league) baseball game. They both had a grand old time! Sariah and I were supposed to be there too, but it was quickly apparent that Sariah wasn't going to make it, so we ditched the boys and went shopping.
The kids helped wrap the presents. As you can see, they really like bows! Luckily, we recycle bows, so covering every square inch of the gifts with bows isn't a big deal. They also enjoyed helping Daddy open the packages.
I always have the hardest time knowing what to get James for gifts. He is one of those people who truly never needs anything. It's not that he has everything he wants--he just doesn't want stuff.
So he ended up with a new shirt and a badminton set. I warned him that within a few years, he will have every backyard game ever invented! They are my defaults when I can't figure out what to get.
The kids had fun writing on the cards. Dallin made an elaborate maze on his envelope for Daddy to follow. Sariah just drew on every nook and cranny of hers.
We celebrated tonight by making homemade ice cream--we tried peanut butter cup this time, and it was really good!
I am very lucky that my children have the most wonderful father around! He is so much better at playing with them and making time for them than I am.
The kids helped wrap the presents. As you can see, they really like bows! Luckily, we recycle bows, so covering every square inch of the gifts with bows isn't a big deal. They also enjoyed helping Daddy open the packages.
I always have the hardest time knowing what to get James for gifts. He is one of those people who truly never needs anything. It's not that he has everything he wants--he just doesn't want stuff.
The kids had fun writing on the cards. Dallin made an elaborate maze on his envelope for Daddy to follow. Sariah just drew on every nook and cranny of hers.
We celebrated tonight by making homemade ice cream--we tried peanut butter cup this time, and it was really good!
I am very lucky that my children have the most wonderful father around! He is so much better at playing with them and making time for them than I am.

Comments
Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
1 1/8 good quality peanut butter (not natural)
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/4 c. whole milk
2 c. heavy cream
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped chocolate peanut butter cup candies (I used peanut butter Hershey's kisses instead--they were much cheaper!)
Use a mixer to mix the pb and sugar until smooth. Add milk and mix on low speed until sugar is dissolved, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in cream and vanilla. Put in ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer instructions. Five minutes before mixing is completed, add chopped pb cups and let mix in completely.
Here's a basic vanilla that's really good too:
Simple Vanilla Ice Cream
1 1/2 c. whole milk
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 c. heavy cream
1 1/2 tbl. vanilla
Use mixer on low speed to combine milk and sugar until sugar is dissolved, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in cream and vanilla. Pour into ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.