Ah deed ut!

Sariah is speaking in sentences now! She is an independent little soul, and her sentences usually reflect that trait. One of her favorite things to say is "Ah deed ut!" (I did it!) Or, "Ahl do it!" (I'll do it!) She has the most adorable little voice!

She had good reason to say "I did it!" Saturday night when she went peepee in the potty for the first time! This is so weird to me, since Dallin was three before he ever ventured onto the potty. Sariah has been making it clear for some time that she was close to potty-training. She often lets us know when she needs her diaper changed. A few weeks ago, I brought the little potty up from the basement, and she has been enjoying trying it out, though she usually thinks of it after she has done her business rather than before. I was shocked when she actually produced something! I by no means think that this means potty-training is as good as done....but it's fun to think we're getting started!

Dallin got some gum the other day with his tooth-fairy money. Sariah was exceedingly jealous, and I would not let her have any for fear of choking. She talked about that gum all day long! Even as I lay down with her that night to put her to bed, she would tap my face with her hand and say, "Mommy? Mommy!" I was trying to pretend to be asleep, but she was so persistent, and as soon as I would finally answer, "What?", she would would say, "Dallingum Dallingum Dallingum Dallingum Have it Have it Dallingum" ...and on and on and on! The next day she even went around singing her own little song that went "Dallingum dallingum dallingum dallingum...."

We spent Saturday night with Grandma, and as we sat out on Grandma's back patio, there was a ball with Scooby Doo printed on it. James started to chant, "Scooby Scooby Doo,..." And Sariah instantly chimed in, in perfect rhythm, "I see you!"

She has also started to say her own name, "RiRi"! She likes to point out things that are hers, and things that belong to each other member of the family. When I fold the laundry, she identifies each persons clothing by name.

So cute! I love this age! (Well, except for the tantrums, of course!)

Comments

Lisa,
Thanks for inviting me to your blog! I love reading about your family! I love the Dallingum story! LOL That totally made me laugh. I am so glad my little 2 year isn't the only one who repeats himself over and over again. Thanks for the laugh tonight...I needed it! :) I am excited to come back and read more!
Hugs!
Brenda