Here are some of the cute things Sariah has been doing lately:
She now folds her arms for prayer, most of the time. When we are done saying prayer, she raises both hands high in the air, as if to say "touchdown!" She expects the rest of the family to do this with her. I have no idea where she got this from.
She goes bananas over dogs! She has always loved dogs, but this is beyond obsession. Last week we were going to get Dallin at school when two dogs that had gotten out of their yard came bounding up to us and just about knocked her over. Was she scared? Absolutely not! The dogs walked across the street to school with us, and Sariah spent the next 5-10 minutes running after the big golden lab, trying to get it to stop long enough for her to pet it. Today we went to a store and another big dog was lying in the doorway trying to take a nap. All I heard was "doggie, doggie, doggie!" as she tried to play with him. James took Dallin and Sariah to a mega pet-adoption thing on Saturday where they saw literally dozens of dogs, and they were both in heaven, but Sariah was totally looney over the animals.
Dallin has been teaching Sariah her manners. (Though I wonder how it is possible to teach something that you yourself have not mastered???) He is very proud of the fact that he can get her to say please, thank you, and you're welcome. It does get a bit ridiculous--Sunday he sat with a bag of cereal and made her say the polite words for each and every piece before he would give her one. I'm amazed she had the patience to put up with that! She's a really good sport!
Sariah loves purses. She loves Grandma's because she knows there is a cell phone hiding in it. She loves Mommy's because she can spill all the credit and insurance cards all over the place, and can also play with the keys. I've resorted to keeping my purse up high, but too often I forget. We were in the grocery store last week and I realized my debit card was missing. I knew that one was thanks to James, but I didn't worry because I had my checkbook. Lo and behold, they decided to ask me for ID. I couldn't find my driver's license for anything, and was somewhat mortified when the manager had to come out and approve my check. I found the driver's license hidden under the organ pedals at home, right where Sariah had stashed it. I found the most adorable bags at Women's Conference and bought one for Dallin and one for Sariah, at $3.99 apiece, to use for church bags. Sariah has been dragging hers around and keeps saying, "purse, purse". So far it hasn't kept her out of mine, though.
She now folds her arms for prayer, most of the time. When we are done saying prayer, she raises both hands high in the air, as if to say "touchdown!" She expects the rest of the family to do this with her. I have no idea where she got this from.
She goes bananas over dogs! She has always loved dogs, but this is beyond obsession. Last week we were going to get Dallin at school when two dogs that had gotten out of their yard came bounding up to us and just about knocked her over. Was she scared? Absolutely not! The dogs walked across the street to school with us, and Sariah spent the next 5-10 minutes running after the big golden lab, trying to get it to stop long enough for her to pet it. Today we went to a store and another big dog was lying in the doorway trying to take a nap. All I heard was "doggie, doggie, doggie!" as she tried to play with him. James took Dallin and Sariah to a mega pet-adoption thing on Saturday where they saw literally dozens of dogs, and they were both in heaven, but Sariah was totally looney over the animals.
Dallin has been teaching Sariah her manners. (Though I wonder how it is possible to teach something that you yourself have not mastered???) He is very proud of the fact that he can get her to say please, thank you, and you're welcome. It does get a bit ridiculous--Sunday he sat with a bag of cereal and made her say the polite words for each and every piece before he would give her one. I'm amazed she had the patience to put up with that! She's a really good sport!
Sariah loves purses. She loves Grandma's because she knows there is a cell phone hiding in it. She loves Mommy's because she can spill all the credit and insurance cards all over the place, and can also play with the keys. I've resorted to keeping my purse up high, but too often I forget. We were in the grocery store last week and I realized my debit card was missing. I knew that one was thanks to James, but I didn't worry because I had my checkbook. Lo and behold, they decided to ask me for ID. I couldn't find my driver's license for anything, and was somewhat mortified when the manager had to come out and approve my check. I found the driver's license hidden under the organ pedals at home, right where Sariah had stashed it. I found the most adorable bags at Women's Conference and bought one for Dallin and one for Sariah, at $3.99 apiece, to use for church bags. Sariah has been dragging hers around and keeps saying, "purse, purse". So far it hasn't kept her out of mine, though.
RiRi's totally into "helping" right now. She does quite well with unloading the dishwasher and actually knows where every single dish goes, even if she can't reach to put it away. She likes to carry around a spray bottle of water and wash the walls. She even helped wipe things off in the bathrooms this morning after I sprayed windex. She is still in the stage where she think it's fun to put toys away. I wish that stage would last forever!
She has a cute little pink shirt with the word "LOVE" appliqued across the front. I taught her to point to the letters and say, "love"--she would pronounce it "luzh", and it was so adorable. This morning, she put on a green shirt with flowers, pointed to the flowers, and said, "love!" This afternoon we were practicing sight words with Dallin. Sariah kept grabbing the word cards, looking at each one carefully, and jabbering some nonsense word. Then she very carefully took a card, looked right at the word, and said boldly, "LOVE!" She thought she was reading!
Next thing I knew, she found a set of scriptures and was carrying them around the family room saying, "Adeedadi Jesus. Daddi daddi Jesus. Deedoo deedoo Jesus."
She seems to be hung up on the "eee" sound lately. We ate "cheeckeen" for dinner the other night. Her new favorite snack food is "cheeps", she likes to put the "leed" on the milk, and her little friend is named "Eema" (Emma).
Whe she is not talking and showing off her extensive vocabulary, she is spitting and blowing raspberries. James keeps trying to get her to stop. I'm trying to get him to understand that it's a lost cause.
Hopefully I can find time tomorrow to write and Dallin's latest and greatest...
She has a cute little pink shirt with the word "LOVE" appliqued across the front. I taught her to point to the letters and say, "love"--she would pronounce it "luzh", and it was so adorable. This morning, she put on a green shirt with flowers, pointed to the flowers, and said, "love!" This afternoon we were practicing sight words with Dallin. Sariah kept grabbing the word cards, looking at each one carefully, and jabbering some nonsense word. Then she very carefully took a card, looked right at the word, and said boldly, "LOVE!" She thought she was reading!
Next thing I knew, she found a set of scriptures and was carrying them around the family room saying, "Adeedadi Jesus. Daddi daddi Jesus. Deedoo deedoo Jesus."
She seems to be hung up on the "eee" sound lately. We ate "cheeckeen" for dinner the other night. Her new favorite snack food is "cheeps", she likes to put the "leed" on the milk, and her little friend is named "Eema" (Emma).
Whe she is not talking and showing off her extensive vocabulary, she is spitting and blowing raspberries. James keeps trying to get her to stop. I'm trying to get him to understand that it's a lost cause.
Hopefully I can find time tomorrow to write and Dallin's latest and greatest...
Comments