So here's what's randomly been going on in my life lately...
Sariah had a poop-fest all over the family room this morning. I was busily clipping coupons at the kitchen table this morning when all of a sudden I heard a little voice squeak, "Mommy! Poo poo!" Thinking she just needed her diaper changed, I looked up to find that she had gotten her diaper off, apparently stepped in the diaper because she had poop hanging off of her foot, and then proceeded to walk around the room. There were little poopy footprints ALL over my family room carpet. I'm getting my money's worth out of my new steam cleaner!
James and Dallin are gone to the Father's and Son's Outing, and I put Sariah to bed early, so I am just vegging and loving life!
Earlier this week, I got my official invitation to teach at the BYU Organ Workshop in August. I am SO excited to do this! However, I about fell off my chair when I found out that I'm teaching a four-hour class on hymn improvisation! Oh my goodness, somebody has a lot of confidence in me! I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed! I've come to the conclusion that in order to be prepared for this, I'm going to have to get up early and go over to the church to practice several times a week. It's going to have to be 6:00 am so I can be home before James has to go to work. Did I mention I'm not a morning person? But the thought of making a fool of myself at this workshop is motivating enough to turn me into a morning person at least for the next two months!
I've been pondering on the subject of adoption paperwork. As in, how on earth do you get it done when you already have children??? We submitted our initial application in early February, had our intake in March, and here it is almost June and we are nowhere near done. James has been so busy getting ready to take the PHR examination (Professional of Human Resources--he takes it next week), I've been up to my ears in BYU Women's Conference, my studio piano recital, my stake primary calling, and just plain mothering. I made a goal this week to get it all done since I will now have to focus my time on this organ workshop. But is it done? Not quite. We haven't even had our fingerprints taken, which our caseworker warned us to do immediately since they can often take forever to get back from the FBI. It's now been almost 3 months since that warning was given.
I don't think there are any deep psychological reasons for this. I've worked through the things that were scaring me a few months ago. It's simply a matter of having SO much going on in our lives to tackle this huge undertaking on top of all the rest. I don't have any sense of urgency, but it would be nice to not have it hanging over my head all of the time.
We leave a week from Monday for Aspen! (That's another motivation to get the adoption paperwork DONE.) I am really looking forward to this trip, though I'm a little nervous to see the bill for gasoline. We were originally planning to go to Chicago so that James could go to a conference, but his company backed out of paying for it, and there was no way we could afford the trip on our own. We decided on Aspen because it's relatively close to home, has beautiful scenery, and seemed ritzier than Yellowstone. I'm all for mother nature in comfort! We were hoping to go on to Denver and show Dallin where he was born, but we opted to not have to deal with more gas money and more hotel money.
So on one of the days we are there, we are planning a trip to Leadville, where there is a train that takes passengers on a scenic trip to the tops of the Rockies. But now part of me is wondering if a 2.5 hour journey, even with the excitement of it being a train, is really going to be a good idea for two young children. Supposedly we will be able to walk from car to car, some of the cars are open and some are closed. There is a boxcar turned gift shop and snack bar. So it's not like they will be sitting the entire time. But will we get our money's worth? (Tickets are not cheap--$30 apiece for adults, $17 for Dallin.) Decisions, decisions....
Sariah had a poop-fest all over the family room this morning. I was busily clipping coupons at the kitchen table this morning when all of a sudden I heard a little voice squeak, "Mommy! Poo poo!" Thinking she just needed her diaper changed, I looked up to find that she had gotten her diaper off, apparently stepped in the diaper because she had poop hanging off of her foot, and then proceeded to walk around the room. There were little poopy footprints ALL over my family room carpet. I'm getting my money's worth out of my new steam cleaner!
James and Dallin are gone to the Father's and Son's Outing, and I put Sariah to bed early, so I am just vegging and loving life!
Earlier this week, I got my official invitation to teach at the BYU Organ Workshop in August. I am SO excited to do this! However, I about fell off my chair when I found out that I'm teaching a four-hour class on hymn improvisation! Oh my goodness, somebody has a lot of confidence in me! I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed! I've come to the conclusion that in order to be prepared for this, I'm going to have to get up early and go over to the church to practice several times a week. It's going to have to be 6:00 am so I can be home before James has to go to work. Did I mention I'm not a morning person? But the thought of making a fool of myself at this workshop is motivating enough to turn me into a morning person at least for the next two months!
I've been pondering on the subject of adoption paperwork. As in, how on earth do you get it done when you already have children??? We submitted our initial application in early February, had our intake in March, and here it is almost June and we are nowhere near done. James has been so busy getting ready to take the PHR examination (Professional of Human Resources--he takes it next week), I've been up to my ears in BYU Women's Conference, my studio piano recital, my stake primary calling, and just plain mothering. I made a goal this week to get it all done since I will now have to focus my time on this organ workshop. But is it done? Not quite. We haven't even had our fingerprints taken, which our caseworker warned us to do immediately since they can often take forever to get back from the FBI. It's now been almost 3 months since that warning was given.
I don't think there are any deep psychological reasons for this. I've worked through the things that were scaring me a few months ago. It's simply a matter of having SO much going on in our lives to tackle this huge undertaking on top of all the rest. I don't have any sense of urgency, but it would be nice to not have it hanging over my head all of the time.
We leave a week from Monday for Aspen! (That's another motivation to get the adoption paperwork DONE.) I am really looking forward to this trip, though I'm a little nervous to see the bill for gasoline. We were originally planning to go to Chicago so that James could go to a conference, but his company backed out of paying for it, and there was no way we could afford the trip on our own. We decided on Aspen because it's relatively close to home, has beautiful scenery, and seemed ritzier than Yellowstone. I'm all for mother nature in comfort! We were hoping to go on to Denver and show Dallin where he was born, but we opted to not have to deal with more gas money and more hotel money.
So on one of the days we are there, we are planning a trip to Leadville, where there is a train that takes passengers on a scenic trip to the tops of the Rockies. But now part of me is wondering if a 2.5 hour journey, even with the excitement of it being a train, is really going to be a good idea for two young children. Supposedly we will be able to walk from car to car, some of the cars are open and some are closed. There is a boxcar turned gift shop and snack bar. So it's not like they will be sitting the entire time. But will we get our money's worth? (Tickets are not cheap--$30 apiece for adults, $17 for Dallin.) Decisions, decisions....
Comments
I wonder how close Aspen is to Breckenridge - that is where we will be next week!