Celebrating?

When I attended the Women's Conference class on Teaching Your Children the Value of Work, one of the thoughts that was given was that we don't celebrate work the way we celebrate other activities. The speakers suggested that we take pictures of our children working to show them we think it's important and noteworthy. So here are a few pics of my kids working:

I had these visions in my mind of having such a nice time working along side Dallin this morning. I offered to pay him to pick up rocks along the backyard fence and put them in the wheelbarrow so that I could weed those areas. The reality wasn't quite that idyllic--there was plenty of complaining, and I think he stopped to take a break in between every 2-3 rocks. But hey, someday he will thank me! (Someday when he's making his child do the very same thing on a Saturday morning when they'd rather be playing....)


Sariah wanted to be part of the action too--here she is getting ready to throw a rock in the barrow.


Vacuuming is actually the first-choice chore of both my kids! I don't even have to ask them to do it; they come running as soon as I start the job.

Posted by Picasa

Comments