The big day--Kindergarten Graduation!

Dallin singing his heart out during the program.


Dallin had a speaking part! We were so proud of him--he was the only child who spoke clearly enough to be understood.


Here he is with his diploma. Since he loathes picture-taking and usually will try to sabotage my efforts, I "threatened" him. I told him he could either smile really big and get it over with in 2 seconds, or he could not smile and we'd keep at it until I got a good picture. That did the trick--he gave me a nice, big grin!

All in all, it was a really nice morning! Dallin was completely hyper at home getting ready this morning. But during the program, he was pretty subdued. Maybe he was nervous about his speaking part. Grandma insists that he was nervous and uncomfortable because he knew I was taking photos and Dad had the video camera. He has been singing all the songs for months! I wonder if his teachers have any idea that we have spent the past four months trying to get him to NOT stick his little rear end in the air all the time, all thanks to their teaching the kids a dance where they do exactly that while singing, "A tooty-ta, a tooty-ta, a tooty-ta-ta!" Anyway, mellow or not, he was adorable, and we are so proud of him for having a GREAT year of kindergarten!!!
Posted by Picasa

Comments