J surprised D by taking him the the Jazz game last night. He was able to get some discount tickets, though they were still pricey by our standards. It was the last game of the regular season, so basically the last chance of the year to see a game, since play-off games would definitely be out of our budget! I was so excited for D to get to go! It was all I could do to keep the secret. We had Family Home Evening on Sunday night, and J told D that it was because he had a meeting on Monday night. Then, yesterday, I broke the news to D that Daddy wanted him to go to his meeting with him. He wasn't sure what to think...going to meetings is not really at the top of his list of interests. J picked him up after work, got him some McDonald's, and then as they were getting on the freeway, told where they were going. D actually didn't seem all that excited at first. J thought that he didn't really get it--maybe he thought they were going to go somewhere and watch it on TV. But when they walked up to the Energy Solutions Arena, and he started to see people dressed in Jazz shirts, as well as larger-than-life posters of Jazz players on display, he figured out that it was all for real. Apparently he entertained the people around them with his commentary on the game. If it was anything like what it is to watch a game with him at home, I can only imagine it there was not a dull moment! He has talked of nothing else but the Jazz this morning. It's a wonder he ever got to school! It really warms my heart to see him get to do something that meant so much to him!
Our other little Jazz fan, Miss S, runs around all the time saying, "Kalo, Kalo, Kalo!" I'm not sure if it's Kyle or Carlos or something in between, but it's sure funny. Every time she sees a ball or a player on TV, Jazz or not, she starts repeating her Kalo, Kalo, Kalo mantra.
Anyway, S and I had a nice, quiet evening at home last night. I treated myself to fast food, put her to bed early, and wiled away the hours on the computer. But hey, I was doing something productive--I was actually working on our adoption paperwork! I did it--I took that first step and started the questionaire! It's not so bad. I feel so much more peaceful and excited about it all than I did a week ago. It's amazing what a good Fast Sunday will do for a person in terms of feeling better about life.
Poor S has been through the wringer with illness and the after-effects of illness. About a week and a half ago, after a sleepless night of her screaming "owie!" all night long while grabbing her ears, we figured out she had an ear infection. That meant trip to the doctor and an antibiotic. Well, after a week of related diarrhea and its accompanying diaper rash, she came down with a yeast infection from that danged medication. So Sunday night we were up half the night again with a screaming girl grabbing, er, other parts of her body while sobbing "owie!" Yesterday brought the inevitable trip to the doctor, including an interminably long wait of over an hour just to see anybody. The good news is she is feeling better! My fingers are crossed that we can go more than a few days without any major sleep interruptions! (But I'm not counting on it...)
Our other little Jazz fan, Miss S, runs around all the time saying, "Kalo, Kalo, Kalo!" I'm not sure if it's Kyle or Carlos or something in between, but it's sure funny. Every time she sees a ball or a player on TV, Jazz or not, she starts repeating her Kalo, Kalo, Kalo mantra.
Anyway, S and I had a nice, quiet evening at home last night. I treated myself to fast food, put her to bed early, and wiled away the hours on the computer. But hey, I was doing something productive--I was actually working on our adoption paperwork! I did it--I took that first step and started the questionaire! It's not so bad. I feel so much more peaceful and excited about it all than I did a week ago. It's amazing what a good Fast Sunday will do for a person in terms of feeling better about life.
Poor S has been through the wringer with illness and the after-effects of illness. About a week and a half ago, after a sleepless night of her screaming "owie!" all night long while grabbing her ears, we figured out she had an ear infection. That meant trip to the doctor and an antibiotic. Well, after a week of related diarrhea and its accompanying diaper rash, she came down with a yeast infection from that danged medication. So Sunday night we were up half the night again with a screaming girl grabbing, er, other parts of her body while sobbing "owie!" Yesterday brought the inevitable trip to the doctor, including an interminably long wait of over an hour just to see anybody. The good news is she is feeling better! My fingers are crossed that we can go more than a few days without any major sleep interruptions! (But I'm not counting on it...)
Comments