Playing Ring-Around-the Rosie... on top of the kitchen table. Yes, that would be S! Despite the location, it is darling to hear her say in her cute little voice, "Ashies... Ashies.... Down!"
Less than five minutes later she has my purse dumped out all over the floor, for the umpteen-billionth time. She manages to find a $10 bill, which I am eager to recover before it gets ripped. Before I know it I am chasing a 20-month-old around a chair while she yells, "Dallow! Dallow! Dallow! Moneymoneymoneymoneymoney!!!"
As I am writing this post, I come running to screams of "S's in the fridge!" I find several dishes of leftovers on the kitchen floor and intercept S as she proceeds to pour a bowl of gravy all over a bowl of cucumber-yogurt dip.
As I am yet continuing this post, D has gone out to the garage to look for some bagels in the freezer. He comes back in the house with his treat. We realize that we don't know where S is. Although she could be anywhere in the house, I have a gut feeling where we'll find her. Sure enough, I open the door to the garage and there she is in her PJ's and bare feet, perfectly happy in the dark. I wonder how long it would have taken her to get upset about being shut out of the house? Probably quite while with all the fun stuff to get into out there!
All of this happened in under 20 minutes. No wonder I'm tired at the end of the day!
Less than five minutes later she has my purse dumped out all over the floor, for the umpteen-billionth time. She manages to find a $10 bill, which I am eager to recover before it gets ripped. Before I know it I am chasing a 20-month-old around a chair while she yells, "Dallow! Dallow! Dallow! Moneymoneymoneymoneymoney!!!"
As I am writing this post, I come running to screams of "S's in the fridge!" I find several dishes of leftovers on the kitchen floor and intercept S as she proceeds to pour a bowl of gravy all over a bowl of cucumber-yogurt dip.
As I am yet continuing this post, D has gone out to the garage to look for some bagels in the freezer. He comes back in the house with his treat. We realize that we don't know where S is. Although she could be anywhere in the house, I have a gut feeling where we'll find her. Sure enough, I open the door to the garage and there she is in her PJ's and bare feet, perfectly happy in the dark. I wonder how long it would have taken her to get upset about being shut out of the house? Probably quite while with all the fun stuff to get into out there!
All of this happened in under 20 minutes. No wonder I'm tired at the end of the day!
Comments