I'm sure a few of you are wondering why I changed this blog to invitation-only. Yesterday I had a complete stranger surf onto my blog (which was OK--I knew it would happen, and I myself love to look at other people's blogs). However, that person wanted to debate, in a friendly way, my post about adoptive mothers. This was a bit disconcerting to me. I've been active on the internet on message boards and email lists for years, and I'm quite comfortable with debate--in fact, I find it interesting and even fun. I'm pretty forward about expressing my opinions and have no qualms about disagreeing with someone. But when it happened on my own blog, it felt like my personal space was being invaded, particularly because I did not know the person. I'm sure she is a very nice person, and I'm sure her comments had merit. But the fun of having a blog is that I get to say what I want! (OK, that's sounds bad--like I don't care what other people think. I promise I do care! And if I know you personally, you can tell me what you think even if it's different than what I think!)
Anyway, that's that. It's a pain to do it this way, but I think it will be more comfortable for me in the long run.
Anyway, that's that. It's a pain to do it this way, but I think it will be more comfortable for me in the long run.
Comments
Thanks for the invite. I love your new blog, your thoughts, your pictures. And shame on the stranger for saying something rude.
Rhonda