Introducing the main characters...

I thought I'd start out by doing a little intro post on each of my two children. This is a particularly sweet photo of my little girl R. Now for those of you who actually know our family and can't figure out where the "R" is coming from, it's the initial of one of her numerous nicknames. She may be R, and she may be Miss R--I haven't decided yet. But whatever her "screen name" turns out to be, to me she is my beautiful baby. She is such a busy little girl that I am rarely cable to catch her in a gentle moment like this for a picture. I had just done her hair, special, to take photos showing off her first haircut. At the tender age of 20 months, R is already showing signs of being a true "girly-girl". She loves to have me put "pretties" in her hair. For awhile, whenever anyone would tell her that she was pretty or cute, she would immediately put her hand on top of her head, because in her mind, both of those words equate to the little barrettes, bows, and pony-tail holders that we put in her hair. She is amazingly cooperative--the moment I say, "Let's do our hair!", she rushes to the chair in my bedroom and tries to help me pull into into the bathroom. I'm sure one of the reasons she looks forward to hair time is because I turn on the bathroom sink and let her play in the water. She also finds mommy's makeup, lotion, soap, and other beauty items irresistable, whether it's brushing blush all over herself or drawing on the carpet with lipstick! Every time I put lotion on my hands, I hear an adorable little voice squeak out, "loo-shoo! loo-shoo!" until I put a drop on her palms too.

However, we can't be girly-girls all the time. Miss R find plenty of time for good, old-fashioned mischief-making and messes!

Posted by Picasa

Comments