Easter Picture Post

Here are a few snapshots of our Easter weekend.  I always have big plans for Easter, and somehow they never seem to happen.  This year I got sick the last half of last week.  So our annual Jerusalem Dinner got postponed, and even when it did happen, I was so exhausted that things weren't as well-planned and executed as usual.  But the kids didn't care.  I also had plans to do some baking, but that didn't happen either.


Our nephew N got baptized on Saturday, so we had a family luncheon at Uncle V and Aunt L's house, followed by an egg hunt in the backyard.  Preston was adorable!

 



Sariah had fun too!  So did Dallin, although I didn't catch any pictures of him.


Classic great photo op!  Preston and Daddy both fell asleep after lunch.

  
The big kids had their egg hunt in the field behind the house.


Dallin's and Sariah's baskets, behind, with real grass.  Preston's basket, in front, with fake grass.  Because after four attempts to plant grass, and four dumpings of the basket full of dirt and wheatberries, I gave up.   Luckily, Preston didn't care.  I'm especially proud of the little needle-felted ball that I made for Preston (it's the orange thing in the back of his basket).  I had plans to make little needle-felted king and queen dolls for Sariah, but then I got sick. 



I love the look on Preston's face!  He has such a sweet tooth!

Easter morning was an adventure.  I had to play the piano in another ward (congregation) in the morning, and while I was gone, Daddy thought he'd help out by taking the kids downtown for their photo shoot.  He knew I wanted pictures in their new Easter finery.  He didn't realize I hadn't done Sariah's hair.  You probably can't really tell... but I can.



So I had plans to take more pictures... but then Preston somehow found some chocolate, which he got all over his brand new white shirt.

So he got a change of clothes.  And honestly, the hand-me-downs-from-Dallin that he ended up wearing were probably cuter than the original outfit!



But at that point there was no gathering the kids all together for more pictures, so I was content getting what I could when I could.


Then we couldn't find the keys to the van, so James went in the little car (since he had to conduct the music), and I packed up the kids to walk to church, which meant we were 25 minutes late.  And Sariah lost her brand new hairbow (which she got in her Easter basket just that morning) somewere along the way to church.



But all's well that ends well, and still lucky to be mom to such beautiful kids!

Comments

Stacy said…
OK, my all time favorite is that picture of your husband asleep on the baby. A classic! Cute cute Easter pics, and I love that they're not all formal. We got maybe two good ones, and they were both taken with our phones because we couldn't find the camera.
Linnea said…
Walking to church is a bummer. I liked Sariah's hair before and after you combed it!

And even though it was Nathan's baptism I have no idea what pictures I have...which is totally embarrassing.