We're lucky enough to live in a small town that has a great parade. At least, it's great if you're a kid and you know that the purpose of going to parades is to collect almost as much candy as you'd get at Halloween.
We also live in a town small enough that James could set out our blanket and a chair more than 24 hours ahead of time and nobody moved them. We must be old-timers, because we've now sat in the same place for six years.
We were also lucky this year that the high temperature was only predicted to get up to 80 degrees. How amazing is to to have it be COLD on Independence Day??? We were sitting in the shade, and I was wishing I brought a sweater! Later that night when we lit off fireworks at our neighborhood block party, I was cold. I even got blankets and jackets for me and Sariah.
We got to watch Aunt L, Uncle V, and two of their children run the local 5K before the parade. Which explains why we had two extra kids with us.
Dallin playing on Dad's Blackberry while waiting for the festivities to start.
We also live in a town small enough that James could set out our blanket and a chair more than 24 hours ahead of time and nobody moved them. We must be old-timers, because we've now sat in the same place for six years.
We were also lucky this year that the high temperature was only predicted to get up to 80 degrees. How amazing is to to have it be COLD on Independence Day??? We were sitting in the shade, and I was wishing I brought a sweater! Later that night when we lit off fireworks at our neighborhood block party, I was cold. I even got blankets and jackets for me and Sariah.
We got to watch Aunt L, Uncle V, and two of their children run the local 5K before the parade. Which explains why we had two extra kids with us.
Comments
We were in Torrey for the fourth of July parade, and they threw so much candy that by the end, my girls were only picking up the candy that they liked.
My kids are going soft, I tell ya.