See this?

Think all this fog is beautiful?


Well, it's not. (OK, maybe that one picture is pretty awesome.)

THIS is an inversion.

It means the air quality is RED for ROTTEN.
It means that I woke up this morning with a sore, junky throat.
It means that Dallin, who already has a cough, will not be playing outside or even setting foot out the door for the next few days. Not while croup is still a threat. We don't need any hospital stays during Christmas.

You can feel and smell it in the air. The yuckiness, that is.
The eerie beauty of the fog is deceptive. It should be beautiful, but it's not. Let's just hope we get a storm to clear it out soon. Last year our air looked like this for a good week or two.

(These pictures were taken just before 9:00 in the morning.)
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Savannah said…
I hate the fog, but I think the beauty of it is to make up for the quickiness of the air. I live high enough that we never get the fog, but I worked down in a valley and they have it all the time. I always brag when I get to work that the sun is out there, I saw it when I left home.