Choosing a preschool

No, I'm not choosing a preschool at the moment--I actually plan to homeschool Sariah for preschool, at least until she's much older. But I stumbled across this wonderful series of posts that highlight several "alternative" approaches to preschool education: http://www.globalmama.com/2009/02/19/hunting-for-a-preschool/ . This woman has done a fantastic job of outlining the features of educational philosophies such as Montessori, Reggio Emilia, Waldorf, and Charlotte Mason as they apply to preschool. Read them and see if you can guess which one I would pick! Which one interests you?

Someday I will post a complete post about my own theories of early childhood education. They've been on my mind a lot lately, but I just don't have time to organize everything that's in my brain. Let's say that 1) I'm opinionated, and 2) I'm definitely not mainstream when it comes to preschool!

Comments

JennaK said…
Hi, I was actually on Stacy Smith's blog and saw your link and the title about choosing a preschool and my curiosity was piqued, so I clicked over. I don't have very many acquaintances that follow my mind of thinking (I personally prefer to preschool my children at home), so I'd be quite interested to know your thoughts, based on this little post. Looking forward to reading those!
Lisa said…
Thanks for stopping by! Yeah, I've been wanting to do a post on early childhood education, I'm just trying to find the time to do it properly.