An Avian Adventure

We decided to take advantage of spring break to take the kids to the Tracy Aviary in Salt Lake. We've lived her over five years and had never yet checked out this cool place! I highly recommend it if you live around here! It was a wee bit chilly with a storm blowing in, but we still had a great time.

Of all the interesting birds we saw, Sariah liked the ducks the best because she got to feed them and chase them. She had little interest in seeing birds in cages, she thought the ducks were just, well, "ducky".

Several peacocks roamed freely all over the place, and the kids were fascinated by them.

They loved watching the pelicans too. Sariah thought the pelicans were "mommy ducks" and the regular ducks were "baby ducks". The pelicans had fun play-fighting with their beaks, and Sariah thought they should "stop kicking!" (I promise Dallin doesn't have to go to the bathroom, even though he looks like he does. He's really just trying to avoid my camera and was in the process of turning his body, but I caught him too soon!)

The obligatory silly posed picture. (And yes, true to form, Dallin asked me what I was going to give him if he smiled for me.)
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Linnea said…
The "bathroom" picture is still my favorite. We've never been there either--maybe we'll have to try it out this summer!