Going public!

After much internal debate, I've decided to make this blog public. Mostly, it's because I want more comments. Yes, I'm self-centered that way. :) Actually, I've been wanting to branch out and do more writing on topics that interest me along with my typical re-telling of the stories of my daily life. I thought about creating another blog, but that felt a bit overwhelming (since I actually have a couple of other blogs already, not that I post on them all that much).

Also, having an invite-only blog is awkward sometimes. There are people I would love to have read it, but I'm kind of chicken to invite them. After all, what if they really don't care about reading my blog? And I know that sometimes I feel awkward asking for an invitation to someone's blog, wondering if they really want me reading it. And too, I get sick of having to sign myself into my own blog every time I turn off and on my computer (which is a lot lately, because I've learned that turning it off is the only way I can keep myself away from it long enough to get anything done!)

So here I go! I'm a bit nervous, I don't know why. I'll have to censor myself a bit more, since in the past I've just known that whoever was reading my rants probably knew me well enough to forgive me.

Comments

Jenni said…
I was pretty hesitant for a long time about really speaking my mind on some things...and then I realized that my blog is something like my living room. Nobody is making anyone be there/read there, they come because they choose to. If they don't like it, they can leave. Meanwhile, it's my space, and I am entitled to say what I like. I got a lot braver when I realized that, and well you see how I am now. LOL!!
Lisa said…
Thanks for the encouragement! It's so silly, this morning I was going back and forth on whether I should have a link on my facebook page or not. Then I thought, why do I care if people who are my "friends" know what I think?

I'm still feeling a little paranoid about being "found" by people that I don't know, but hey, I guess I can always turn comment moderation back on if I have problems.

I've had a couple of friends have trouble with hard-core anti-adoption people coming and posting on their blogs. That's probably the one thing that scares me a bit.
Nemmer said…
Yay! I tend to forget to check on private blogs, so I'm glad you changed!
Linnea said…
I'm glad you changed too! I'm with Mommy Bee--I think the blog is like the living room!