Have you ever, on a whim, done something that is totally out of character for you? Well, let me tell you about my night last night...
James and I were up in Midway, Utah for the annual Board of Director's retreat for his hospital. That night, they had planned for the whole group to ride the Heber Creeper, an old train that goes up and down Provo Canyon, for their annual Haunted Canyon tour:
It was a basically a train ride through the canyon in the dark with spooky music, scary stories being told over the sound system, lighted ghost "scenes" out of doors on the way, and creepy ghoulish characters jumping out of odd places and running up and down the aisles scaring people. All in all, it was pretty corny.
But at one point, there was a teenage girl, dressed in white with a ghastly, ghostly looking face and carrying a baby doll, walking down the aisles crying over and over for some poor lost baby. Then she would get right up in people's faces and scream at them as loud as she could. She was honestly downright annoying more than scary.
And then, I did something that I would have never imagined myself doing and still can't believe that I actually did it. I don't think anybody that knows me would be able to believe that I did it either!
This girl had been kind of getting on my nerves. She was walking past our bench and had her back to me. And in an instant, I had the thought come to me to scream as loud as I could at her and see if she got scared. And before I even had a chance to consider the fact that this is something I would NEVER do, I did it. I leaned as close to her as I could and let out an ear-piercing "AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!"
She was shocked, but she didn't miss a beat. She turned right back at me and screeched, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I laughed so hard I cried. The tears were just running down my cheeks.
(Poor James was sitting right between us. He got it in both ears, close up and personal.)
James and I were up in Midway, Utah for the annual Board of Director's retreat for his hospital. That night, they had planned for the whole group to ride the Heber Creeper, an old train that goes up and down Provo Canyon, for their annual Haunted Canyon tour:
It was a basically a train ride through the canyon in the dark with spooky music, scary stories being told over the sound system, lighted ghost "scenes" out of doors on the way, and creepy ghoulish characters jumping out of odd places and running up and down the aisles scaring people. All in all, it was pretty corny.But at one point, there was a teenage girl, dressed in white with a ghastly, ghostly looking face and carrying a baby doll, walking down the aisles crying over and over for some poor lost baby. Then she would get right up in people's faces and scream at them as loud as she could. She was honestly downright annoying more than scary.
And then, I did something that I would have never imagined myself doing and still can't believe that I actually did it. I don't think anybody that knows me would be able to believe that I did it either!
This girl had been kind of getting on my nerves. She was walking past our bench and had her back to me. And in an instant, I had the thought come to me to scream as loud as I could at her and see if she got scared. And before I even had a chance to consider the fact that this is something I would NEVER do, I did it. I leaned as close to her as I could and let out an ear-piercing "AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!"
She was shocked, but she didn't miss a beat. She turned right back at me and screeched, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I laughed so hard I cried. The tears were just running down my cheeks.
(Poor James was sitting right between us. He got it in both ears, close up and personal.)
Comments