....is a very comforting sight! I have been working my tail off on food storage the past 3-4 months, and it's paying off! We rearranged everything this afternoon to accomodate a new shelf and all the canned goods I got at the Macey's caselot sale. Dallin kept saying how exciting it was to have so much food, and how if a storm came and we couldn't go to the store, we'd have plenty of food to eat, and how our basement is finally starting to look like Sister T's. (Sister T is the food storage and coupon guru in our ward, and Dallin is good friends with her son, thus allowing him occasional peeks into her food storage room.) Dallin also eagerly helped me put all this stuff away--though sometimes he and I had differing ideas on where and how it should be stacked.
The only sad part is, it's nowhere near a year's supply. Unless you count having a year's supply of cake mixes, or a year's supply of mustard and mayo. Then we're set! But I'd say we now have a good 6+ month supply of most things. Now I have to get a better start on some of the bulky basics, like powdered milk and wheat.

Comments