After reading my sister-in-law K's blog about sweet little Baby A painting her first picture before she even turned 1 year old, I realized that I've never done any art with Sariah. (Just one of those things that the second child gets gypped on.) So today I had the thought to let her paint. Here's how it went:
Very focused. She can even tell me what color she is making (purple). What a smart child!
"Mommy, I painteen' my cup!"
Ooh, painting on the napkin Mommy got me to wipe my hands with is REALLY fun! (She's exploring...I'm such a creative mom for letting her explore, right?)
The addition of a cup of water makes the whole experience even more educational. (Note the very wet newspaper--we've had one spill already.)
"More water, pease!" (Because in case you didn't notice, it kinda got spilled all over everywhere.)
This is the expression on her face when Mom decides that, just maybe, painting is done for today. (Out of respect for Sariah, I didn't take pictures of the Royal Fit that soon followed.)
You know what? We will do this again! The pure fun she had for 15 minutes was entirely worth the tantrum at the end.
Comments