The Power of Peer Pressure

I've been excited for Dallin to eat lunch at school for several reasons, one being that it would be one less meal each day where I'd have to listen to complaints about the food. He's a very picky eater!

However, I didn't know there would be another side benefit to school lunch--peer pressure! Dallin doesn't get to buy school lunch every day, but we've told him that once a week, he can. He decided he wanted to buy lunch on the day they were serving Haystacks. He'd heard his teacher talk about Haystacks and how good they were. I must admit, I was more than a bit wary. Haystacks is a cool name for a dish, but I felt certain that the reality of Haystacks would not live up to the anticipation, knowing that he doesn't normally eat half of the ingredients. But we had to let him try it out for himself. I couldn't believe it when he came home and told me about the yummy chicken sauce he had over rice, and how much he liked it! (He didn't eat any of the other toppings, but hey, I was just shocked he ate chicken gravy and rice!)

Then, we were looking over the school menu, discussing what day he'd like to pay for his lunch. I mentioned that he probably didn't want to buy lunch on such-and-such particular day, since they were having shrimp poppers. I just about fell off my chair when he said, "Actually, I think I would like those. Angel says they're really good."

Do ya see any pigs flying yet???

Comments