Hallam Lake Nature Preserve

Wednesday afternoon we visited the Aspen Center for Environmental Studies at Hallam Lake, which is actually right in the city, if you can believe that. This place was so gorgeous and peaceful! After we took the nature walk, the kids got to look at snakes, lizards, stuffed animals, and other specimens in the building. As much as some people hate environmentalists, you have to acknowledge that it's because of environmentalists that we have spaces like this to enjoy!

Dallin looking at a red-tailed hawk.

This is heaven on earth!


I wanted a picture on this bench because of the beautiful saying that was inscribed on the bench. Of course, now I can't remember what it said! It was something about how there is so much that we can't see that requires us to have faith, but yet the things we can see all around us provide all the evidence we need of God's existence. I thought this message was perfectly appropriate for the setting!


RiRi loves her "Gwamma"!

It was amazing how close we got to this deer. (Though not as close as the picture seems--I used my zoom lens.)

Dallin checking out the Bird Hollow.



Comments