Let me just say that it's just my luck to get sick on our first day of homeschool. Sunday I started feeling not-so-great, like a cold was on it's way. Monday morning I woke up feeling completely awful, like I just wanted to crawl back into bed, hide myself under the covers, and not come out for a week.
But press on we did! There will be times during the year when our schedule will be a bit more flexible, and we can take sick days if we need them. However, these first two weeks are not among those times. I momentarily considered delaying our first day of school so I could get better, but I knew that would throw everything off. So I went forward anyway.
And all-in-all, the day went pretty well. I'll post more later... right now I've got to get my not-quite-so-sick-but-still-thinking-some-sleep-would-be-nice self in gear for Homeschool Day #2.
But press on we did! There will be times during the year when our schedule will be a bit more flexible, and we can take sick days if we need them. However, these first two weeks are not among those times. I momentarily considered delaying our first day of school so I could get better, but I knew that would throw everything off. So I went forward anyway.
And all-in-all, the day went pretty well. I'll post more later... right now I've got to get my not-quite-so-sick-but-still-thinking-some-sleep-would-be-nice self in gear for Homeschool Day #2.
Comments